Pages

Monday, April 09, 2007

Well into April and no baby!




Every night when I go to bed I think I will be awoken with the sudden feel of my water breaking. Then I wake-up the next morning still here. I can feel things happening with my body and last night and today I had a sudden urge to deep clean everything in sight. So I am really, really praying I go into labour soon. Funny sidenote, Mattias' first birthday is on Wednesday! These things really aren't in my control. And no, I will not drink codliver oil. So to keep my mind occupied and to get "ready" for the baby the last couple of days I have been working on the baby's dresser. We FINALLY found one at VV for $25 and I have sanded the whole thing and today applied two primer coats. Tomorrow I will paint it green...sort of a dilly asparagus colour. The handles, once all of the years of coats of paint is removed, are copper and wiggly. I like them but not the position of them on the dresser. So I will fill in the existing holes with wood filler and make new ones. It should be nice once it's done! And we are finally sort of back to normal in our new/old home. We really like our new bathroom with all of the newly acquired space and the colours. But hey, I'm just thankful for a working non leaky toilet and no mold. So now the nesting has settled in and I am trying to get what I can done before this girl comes out to finally meet us. I am excited to finally meet her and to not being pregnant EVER AGAIN! Until any news arrives....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your bathroom looks really nice. I especially like the sink. Can you post some pictures of the dresser once you are finished? It sounds like it will look really cool.
Praying that the arrival of your little one goes smoothly.
Love, Kendra