Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What does one do when you are waiting for the babe to come?





Well...we paint! I applied a second coat of green paint to the new dresser and spray painted the handles white.(picture to come) Justin decided he wanted to paint the kitchen, entry hallway and laundry room. Not only did he paint the laundry room but he pulled out the washer and dryer and cleaned all around it. YUCKY to say the least. He vacuumed and washed the floor and walls. I bought a cheap curtain from Value Village and a rod from Wal-Mart. A little tlc and it feels like a brand new place. Now I don't dread doing laundry so much. I have set up the baby's cradle and dresser in Mattias' room. We'll see how that goes. Mattias still sleeps alot and Sam doesn't hardly sleep. So it makes more sense for the baby and Tias to share a room then it does for Sam and Tias to share a room. This all depending on what the baby's temperment and sleep habits are like. I have been praying for another sleeper like Mattias. Speaking of Mattias, he officially turned ONE year old on April 11th. I can't believe he is already a year old. Time has totally flown by. He is still my little baby that I don't want to rush into growing up too quickly. But I know that will just come with having a newborn. Once she comes, he won't seem like the baby anymore. And that makes me sad. He has been teething finally for the last five days. Fevers and snuggles sum him up pretty well. When he's sick, he hardly sleeps. When Sam is sick, he sleeps all of the time. These two boys are so opposite, it's hard to believe they are brothers sometimes. The other day I was sorting and folding the baby clothes and getting them ready to put in the newly finished dresser when Sam insisted that we put the clothes on his baby, "Flapjack". Then he wanted to have a photo shoot. It was so cute and hilarious. So now that everything is pretty much in place we wait...and wait! Yesterday was the official due date and I have a doctor's appointment today at 3pm. So hopefully we will know more and get things going. I can completely say with 100% confidence that I am SOOOOO done with being pregnant. Having two children within one year makes me feel like I have been pregnant FOREVER! I am excited about the new journey we are embarking with a little baby girl. If there is any news, we will post to let you know. Until then....

No comments: