
Yes, you read it correctly we have no toilet. No toilet, no sink, no floor, no wall, no use of our entire bathroom. Allow me to explain. Since we have moved here, almost five months ago, no matter how much I scrubbed our bathroom it always kind of smelled. And on the floor, I would clean along the floor boards because I noticed black looking stuff between the floor boards and flooring. I had a suspiscion that it was mold but was hoping for the best. Now since we have moved in here the boys, Justin and myself have been sick about every other week it seems. Adding to our suspiscion that we have a mold problem. So the other day I asked Justin to pull off the floor board where I kept seeing black creeping out. And wow, we weren't expecting what we found. The whole bottom of the wall along the whole bathroom was black with mold. Also Justin noticed that our toilet was leaking. He assumed a hairline crack on the left side because every day we noticed water and pee on the floor. Now our friends, Glen and Tanya the owners who now live upstairs, used to live down here before they owned the house. They noticed the pee too but thought their eldest son just kept peeing to the left. He needed to work on his acuracy they thought. Kinda funny in a way. But anyways...Justin told Glen about the mold and toilet and immediately Glen was on it. He gave us the ok to go and get a new toilet and because the sink was old too, we picked out a new vanity sink and tap. We've had mold guys and a large noisy hepa filter in and out since last tuesday trying to get the mold under control and dealt with in the best, most efficient way possible. Once the toilet was ripped out and the lino ripped up, the guys saw or should I say smelled where some of the problem was coming from. Poor guys were gagging and almost throwing up because it was so nasty and raunchy. So Wednesday we asked mom and dad Harnett if we could lay our heads and use their toilet at their house until this all clears up. So that's where we've been and will be until our bathroom is functioning. Justin and Glen are at Rona getting the rest of the drywall, insulation and other needed supplies to complete what needs to be done. We are hoping by Monday night everything will be DONE! All of this going on and I feel like this little baby girl of ours is coming any day. I am not sure if she has rotated or not. I know because of the ultrasound where the head WAS and where the bum WAS but now I don't know if it's the bum or head I feel in my ribs. Ribs that are so bruised I feel like I fell off a horse and landed on my chest. I use that meaphor because I know exactly how it feels to fall off a horse. Don't grab onto branches when you barebacking through the forest! Anywho away from pony land....life is a bit crazy these days. I am totally not ready for having this baby. I don't even have my suitcase packed. The clothes are washed and the cradle's here. Oh and we dug out the infant car seat. I guess we have what's esential. So different between the first child and the third. But I am not stressing. It's been crazy but an adventure. I thank the Lord for these times of reminder of reliance. We are NOT in control nor does us stressing and trying to control make the situation any better or easier. Well I will go...laundry and my tummy growling calls. (Pictures are Sam holding our newest cousin Simon Cecconi and Mattias exploring)
1 comment:
That is so crazy! I hope that your bathroom is complete by Monday evening. It will be so nice to have a new bathroom. We will keep praying that your little girl arrives safely and without difficulty. Also, that she will hang on until you are all settled back at your place.Remember to call as soon as she arrives!!!!
Miss you all lots,
Kendra & Peter
Post a Comment