Well we went to the ultrasound today. They always say I don't drink enough water in time for the ultrasound so today I made sure I drank 1L of water one hour prior to our apointment. By the time we got there I could hardly walk my blatter was so full. First thing the technician says when she puts the ultrasound thingy on my tummy is, "WOW, your blatter is soooooo FULL!" Yes, indeed...she didn't need to tell me that. So after taking a quick couple of pictures, she let me go pee and come back for the rest of the ultrasound. She confirmed that yes, we are indeed having a girl with girl body parts shown to prove it! And the reason we went again in the first place to see if the baby is breech was also examined. The baby is NOT breech but instead sideways. I'll try to explain it...her head is in my right rib cage and her bum is in my left rib cage with the spine down at my pelvis. Her feet and hands are what I keep feeling up high in my chest. I am sure she is grabbing onto things that aren't meant to be held onto if you know what I mean. I feel so bruised inside it hurts to cough or bend over. So now we wait...pray and wait! Wait to see what my doctor will determine what needs to be done next and pray that this baby will turn with the Lord's hands directing her. For obvious reasons, I DO NOT want to have a C-section but that option is not in my control. So a girl indeed, sort of hard to even imagine. I felt like going out and buying something girly. But I refrained from doing so. Instead we drove to every known thrift store in town today looking for a smaller, sort of skinny, WOOD, dresser for the baby that I could sand and repaint or stain. NOTHING ANYWHERE! I couldn't believe it. We went to about 8 stores that were open and nothing. Refinishing wood furniture, destressing it or painting it cream, putting glass knobs on it and selling it for enormous amounts of money is a trend here in Kelowna so maybe that's where all of the dressers have gone. No call yet from my doctor concerning my sugar re-blood test results, so that's a good sign! Meaning that it appears that I passed. Well that's it for now. I will keep you all posted on this little babe of ours and her position and my doctors decision. Until then...blessings friends!
Friday, March 16, 2007
Ultrasound
Well we went to the ultrasound today. They always say I don't drink enough water in time for the ultrasound so today I made sure I drank 1L of water one hour prior to our apointment. By the time we got there I could hardly walk my blatter was so full. First thing the technician says when she puts the ultrasound thingy on my tummy is, "WOW, your blatter is soooooo FULL!" Yes, indeed...she didn't need to tell me that. So after taking a quick couple of pictures, she let me go pee and come back for the rest of the ultrasound. She confirmed that yes, we are indeed having a girl with girl body parts shown to prove it! And the reason we went again in the first place to see if the baby is breech was also examined. The baby is NOT breech but instead sideways. I'll try to explain it...her head is in my right rib cage and her bum is in my left rib cage with the spine down at my pelvis. Her feet and hands are what I keep feeling up high in my chest. I am sure she is grabbing onto things that aren't meant to be held onto if you know what I mean. I feel so bruised inside it hurts to cough or bend over. So now we wait...pray and wait! Wait to see what my doctor will determine what needs to be done next and pray that this baby will turn with the Lord's hands directing her. For obvious reasons, I DO NOT want to have a C-section but that option is not in my control. So a girl indeed, sort of hard to even imagine. I felt like going out and buying something girly. But I refrained from doing so. Instead we drove to every known thrift store in town today looking for a smaller, sort of skinny, WOOD, dresser for the baby that I could sand and repaint or stain. NOTHING ANYWHERE! I couldn't believe it. We went to about 8 stores that were open and nothing. Refinishing wood furniture, destressing it or painting it cream, putting glass knobs on it and selling it for enormous amounts of money is a trend here in Kelowna so maybe that's where all of the dressers have gone. No call yet from my doctor concerning my sugar re-blood test results, so that's a good sign! Meaning that it appears that I passed. Well that's it for now. I will keep you all posted on this little babe of ours and her position and my doctors decision. Until then...blessings friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey Jen, you look great! Sorry about no dresser. That sucks!!! I wish I could come see you but I just can't right now. Budgets suck! But are a necessity these days. Please keep us posted.
I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. That the baby is doing well and that you passes your blood sugar test! I will be praying that this little girl turns with God's help on her own. Keep us up to date and make sure Justin calls the minute you have her.
Love, Kendra & Peter
Post a Comment