Friday, May 02, 2008
It's been six days and counting...
Well it will be one week tomorrow that Justin brought Mattias into the ER. The week has surprisingly gone quite quickly. Probably because I wasn't thinking much about what day it was rather just living in the moment and taking care of our dear little one. Today Mattias wasn't as active as yesterday but still he is on the mend. He kicked back quite a bit today and watched some toones. Then when his auntie Jerine came he played a little in the playroom and enjoyed some of his popsicle while watching some "Robin Hood". He's sort of whiney and just seems to be tired of it here. The sergeon said we could go home today but the pediatrition said not until he's drinking and eating more on his own and not until he's off of the IV. They said that this is his last bag for the IV. So I am guessing by morning it should be all emptied and FINALLY his IV can come out. His hand/arm is getting so smelly I will be glad to see it go. Also he doesn't need to get his blood work done everyday now. He's done with the pokes and pricks. THANKFULLY! Everyone is saying that it looks like tomorrow we will be heading home. So things are bright and I am very much looking forward to taking him home to our new house and just being with our little family. I miss laying in bed with Justin; I miss my morning snuggles and bedtime prayers with Sam; I miss my dear little Saffron's smiles and giggles; and I just miss being a mom dealing with the everday stuff. I am so thankful to the LORD that he has brought us through the uncertainty into the clear as we know it. It is a reminder that every breath, life it self is so fragile. At any moment we may be called to be with our LORD. It's a reminder to make sure we are CERTAIN of the path that we will take when we do die. There is so much hope and certainty of knowing I will go to HEAVEN. And in these hard days, I can't even IMAGINE having all of this worry and hurt and pain and unknowingness and it just weighing on my shoulders and me not being able to do anything with it. PRAISE THE LORD that I have HIM to say, "Here Lord, please take this pain away and take care of it!" and HE does. It's like a big sigh of relief everytime I take it to HIM in prayer. Seriously friends, there is no greater feeling. Well, Blessings to you all this Friday evening and weekend ahead. I will post again soon when I am able. Still keep us in your prayers, they're working! And keep up with the comments, they're very encouraging and it's nice to know someone's reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so happy for you & Mattias that his stay in the hospital is nearing an end. You are so correct Jen when you say there is nothing greater than knowing you can bring everything to God and he takes care of it. I pray that you, even though the times have to been rough this past week, have had many great moments with Mattias. We will continue praying for a speedy recovery and that he will be back to his old self in no time. We will also be praying that your next coming weeks with the family all together again and restful, enjoyable and exactly what you all need.
Love and miss you,
Kendra & Peter
Post a Comment