Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Things are looking up
Well last night Mattias had his first bowel movement since Thursday and had another one this morning. This is great news because it shows that things are once again working like they should inside. He also had his stomach tube removed from his nose this morning. And I think he has had his last dose of Morphine at six this morning. A little while ago he was sitting up in his bed (with some help of course) and was playing with his new birthday present from the Thiessens. He was quite excited to open it up and play with it. He was talking and smiling and just being more like his old self. Later on I am going to try to get him to walk with me. Now we can leave the room because the only tubes he still has attached is the IV. That will be coming out once he's eating again. I am doing surprisingly well and am really just enjoying my one on one time with dear little Tias. Justin, with some man help, is moving our stuff into our new townhouse today. There's alot going on these days but yet I have never felt such peace. I am so thankful that in any trial or just at any moment I can take my concerns and worries to the Lord in prayer. There's such peace and contentment knowing these things are not in my control but in the Lord's hands. Blessings to you all and I will post pictures once I am able. All is well...PRAISE THE LORD. (Like my Dr said to me this morning if we lived in a third world country we'd be having a funeral not celebrating his recovery. We truly are over BLESSED here in Canada and for that I am so thankful and hope to one day soon pass on that blessing to those less fortunate.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad that even in this difficult time you are able to have great one on one time with Mattias. Also, how exciting to be moving into your new town house. I hope and pray that you will always feel the Lord with you as he is today.
Love,
Kendra
I'm also glad to hear that Mattias is getting back to his usual self.
Hey Jen, I'm glad things are looking better and Mattais is on the mend. Hopefully soon once you guys are settled and well we can get together for a visit.
Dear Justin and Jen, It is a comfort to hear your little guy is getting better. I had not realized all the details and seriousness of his illness. How wonderful to know that God knows and feels all our pain, He cares for his children and watches over us. I praise and thank Him for being with you and little Mattias and bringing miraculous healing to him. May his recovery continue to be in the Lord's hands. He promises to give you continued peace and strength as you care for your son, it is a trying time. Blessings on you and your family.
Love and prayers, Ingrid Janzen
Jenn & Justin,
I don't even know really what to say to you...I just saw an update on your facebook page and then read your site about Mattias. I'm so thankful he is doing well...but above all that, Jenn, I am amazed at your dedication to our Lord in all of this...it's such a strong testimony of faith and I hope you have opportunities to share this experience with many. I pray that God will continue to lead you through this and I am excited to hear how He will use all of this for his glory and his kingdom!! It sounds like Mattias is doing well, but if you don't mind, I will add him and your family to church's prayer chain...
I know we haven't seen too much of each other recently, but we still care alot about you and your family and once all this has settled, we should get together for a bbq or something!!
Love Vicki Burger.
Post a Comment