
Original Date: Sunday, May 6, 2007
Well it was a weekend kept busy with children, visiting and outings. My dad came up friday afternoon and left this morning. It was really neat watching him play with Sam and Mattias and holding Saffron at any given chance. Sam adores him and I am glad has been given the chance to get to know his other grandpa all over again. The weather was sunny and perfect for pictures and playtime at the park. Saffron is already two weeks old and adjusting to life on the outside quite well. She’s averaging 7 hours of sleep a night from about midnight until 7am. She naps quite well throughout the day despite the noise from her brothers. She’s a good eater and burper. She’s gaining weight daily and has already grown out of a few sleepers. But her limbs are way longer then Sam and Mattias’ were because the same sleepers that fit the boys at this time are too short on her. But she is skinnier then they were. She’s very dainty and well...girly. I love more then I ever thought I would, dressing her up in dresses and pink. I know it doesn’t matter what colour of sleeper she sleeps in but I just don’t like her in the mint green and yellow hand me downs from her brothers. Pink all the way! No lace or uncomfortable frills for this girl. Her hair is orange like Sam’s was at this age and she is extremely strong. She likes standing and can lift her head up and look around. Mattias is eager to walk and is totally becoming a toddler. Sam has been testing the waters daily and causing Justin and I to acquire some unwanted gray hair. But that’s what comes with the title...”parent”! We’re figuring what works and what doesn’t and I look forward to the new normal being settle and the only thing we’ll know. Three children this close together is crazy alot of times and with no doubt an adventure. I love them and wouldn’t change a thing. But I am glad to say that a family of five is the biggest are family is going to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment