Pages

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Abbotsford Here We Come


Original Post Date: Thursday, June 28, 2007.
Well from the title you may have guessed that we are moving back to Abbotsford yet again. Justin and I decided that indeed going back to school was the best option. Obviously we thought he would just attend Okanagan College (OC) and then transfer to UBC Okanagan. But after applying we found that he was going to lose a semester’s worth of credits and that getting into UBC O is a lot harder and more expensive. Another minus is that OC doesn’t offer very good summer schooling. So we looked into UCFV and found out that Justin was still currently a student and wouldn’t have to reapply and go through all of that jazz. BUT he would have to take a summer course in July and August for him to still be a student come fall. So he enrolled in Sociology 101 and starts July 3. So he is driving down July 2 to do school and work as much as he can. Then he will come up at the end of July, help me pack the rest of the house up, drive a u-haul down to Abbotsford to either put it in storage for a month or move it right into our home for August 1st. I will drive down in the van with the children. If we haven’t found a home by then, we have no clue where we’ll be staying for the month but are trusting the Lord will find something that’s right for us. And trusting He will also find a really good, clean, safe home that’s big enough and affordable enough for us. So that’s us right now in a “nutshell”. I will be alone with three little children for all of July. That I am nervous about and not looking forward to not having Justin around. But I am up for the challenge and will be relying on friends and family close by. Justin already has a couple of jobs lined up in the Valley. One of which is working for a moving company which pays really well and is in desperate need of workers. I am excited that Justin has decided to finish his BA and that we can eventually move forward from this awkward in between stage we have been in for the past two years. Some direction and a goal makes the light at the end of the tunnel seem not so far away. Also with going to UCFV Justin can take two semesters in the summer to cut down his on his schooling time. It’s just a matter of money and if he has the “umpf” to keep going in the summer months. I am looking forward to FINALLY planting some roots somewhere; to get connected with a church family and make some strong Christian friends. We’re just a three hour drive from Kelowna making it easy to come for a weekend visit and for holidays. Although with the price of fuel these days, I am not sure how often we’ll be coming. Anyways...our journey continues to keep us moving around. Well you can’t say we don’t like change that’s for sure. I’ll keep you posted as the finalities come. Please pray for a new home for us and that all of the loose ends would....be “tied” I guess you could say.

No comments: