Pages

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Apples everywhere

Our friends gave us a bag of apples from their backyard. So yesterday Sam and I set out to make some much needed apple sauce for Mattias. The apples were small but there were alot of them. Sam peeled just over half of the bag all by himself. He is such a great little helper. He brought his chair from his room to the kitchen to help me...."mama, me help make apple sauce for Tias?" I tried the apple sauce and thought it was quite sour. But I wasn't going to let all of our hardwork go to waste. I strained it for Mattias to try and low and behold he LOVED it! Sam and I weren't so sure but at least someone likes it. After our hardwork, we got ready and drove to Sherwood Park for the boys to have their shots. Sam had missed some between the moves between cities and such. Mattias went first and was a trooper with his three shots in his thighs, being weighed and measured. He now weighs 17 lbs 2 oz. Sam went next weighing in at 31 lbs. I thought it would be a good idea for Sam to bring his doctors kit so he would be able to give the nurse a shot first. While the nurse was getting all FIVE needles ready Sam gave us all our shots. Sam did superb! A little fuss but no tears. Few, that's over with for a while! Mattias has to wait until the end of Novemeber for his next shots and Sam isn't until the spring of going into kindergarten. Today both boys are little "under the weather" but nothing a little Tylenol can't fix. And last night Mattias slept 13 1/2 hours. So he's been a little more tired then usual and Sam is more snuggly. I can more then happily accomidate both!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the pics. miss you guys sooo much. i'm very sick with cold and flu. but still check on you guys. i will be asking about buses this weekend. as well as days off. hope this cold is gone soon.take care love nanny